Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trying to find where to check transmission fluid Range

Customer Question
Trying to find where...

Trying to find where to check transmission fluid for 2005 Range Rover. Can't find picture in manual or online

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.

2005 Range Rover

Mechanic's Assistant: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Looking for where? Is this automated response as I am answereing same questions

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know?

No, can't find it and no photo in manual or online that I have found yet

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/18/2016
Transmission Mechanic: cloe0626, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic

what size engine

4.4L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic

give me just a moment

not 4x4 sorry, that was my last one

not a problem

research indicates that your vehicle does not have a transmission fluid dipstick. These types of transmissions are designed to be maintenance free. In order to check the transmission fluid, your vehicle likely has check valve on the bottom of the transmission on the bottom of your car. Your car must be level when the fluid is checked but will need to be taken to shop to have checked if you need anything else let me know please be sure to rate my service when you get the chance

I know there is a way to check it without the 100 service fee at my station. I already knew there wasn't a dipstick but I wanted a photo where to check. SOrry, waste of money here
If I wanted go to dealer I would have gone to dealer

i can give you a photo of the check valve

That would be good as I refuse to take car to dealer in San Juan. Car comes out worse every time or not fixed at all
Thank you, ***** ***** am satisfied

not a problem if you need anything else please let me know be sure to rate my service when you get the chance