Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Toyota tundra 4.7l 4X4, The VSC light is

Customer Question
blinking and says its off...
I have a 2007 Toyota tundra 4.7l 4X4, The VSC light is blinking and says its off. Also the 4WD low light is on and blinking, Sometime is shifts great and sometimes it is light it isn't shifting and slipping but you can turn the key off and restart and it will shift fine. There are no service codes. Any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Transmissions
2/18/2016
Transmission Mechanic: ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech replied 2 years ago
ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, because I dont know the quality of the scan tool used, did you use one of the simple code readers to try to retrieve the codes and if so, the brand and model, or did you have Autozone or other parts store try to read it for codes?

I have to ask because low end code readers such as the parts stores use and you can buy for under $200 are not able to read VSC, Traction Control or 4wd control modules.

Just a $250 a OTC scanner

HI,

Ok, can you get me the model number so I can make sure if it reads these control modules or not. That will tell us the direction we need to go in

OK will on morning
sorry it is a innova #3150

HI,

I see where it reads powertrain, SRS/Airbag and ABS codes, but not VSC, Trac control or 4wd codes.