Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Why wont my 2008 chevy uplander shift into any of the gears?

Customer Question
I just changed the oil...
Why wont my 2008 chevy uplander shift into any of the gears? I just changed the oil and spark plugs and wires. I had to take the exhaust loose at the manifold to change the plugs on the baack side of the motor, now that it is back together it wont shift into gear.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Transmissions
2/15/2016
Transmission Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

is the check engine light on ?

does the speedometer work ?

check engine light is on.
the speedometer stays at zero the tach works though
well the speedometer usually sets below zero but when I start it, it goes up to zero.

ok can you see if the VSS was unplugged by accident passenger side of the transmission wight where the axle connects into the transmission # ***** in this picture

since the speedometer does NOT work and it did before that is why its not shifting and either it was unplugged by accident or one of those 2 wires from the VSS was pulled out or damaged

I will have to jack it up and look at right now.

let me know its the only thing it can be if the speedometer does not work

I thought the speedometer only worked when the tires were moving?

it will only move that way yes

do you mean the transmission does not even have reverse ?

It does not do anything in reverse, drive, 1st 2nd or 3rd
it is still connected.
when I leave it in park or neutral and check the transmission fluid it doesnt even suck it down

this is very odd if all you did what spark plugs and the cable is still connected

when in park the vehicle will NOT roll and lock on the parking lock ?

when I start the vehicle and put it in reverse the doors lock but the van does not move. It does not work in any gear at all.
Just give me my money back your answer or lack of answer was very unhelpful. Refund my money
Transmission Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

did the transmission work before you done the work?

does park on the uplander so it wont move?

is it full of fluid?

just give me my money back.