Robert
Robert, Technician
Experience:  6 years experience with car repair.
3862310

My motorhome has a md 3000 tranny. After being parked month

Customer Question

My motorhome has a md 3000 tranny. After being parked for several month it won't shift out of neutral. I checked for codes and got 4512, 4516, and 4522. A, E, G Solenoid circuits open. Could this be a wiring issue?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

I see no other experts have responded, yes it could be a wiring issue and would be hard to say where the issue is at. I would start by checking all the battery cables, make sure they are clean and tight, low voltage can cause all kinds of issues, find the Allison control module box, inside that box will be some fuses and relays, carefully check the plugs going into that box, the box will be under the shift pad on the floor of the dash or be located outside. Check any connectors on the trans. as well. I might also disconnect the battery cables for a few mins and see if that helps out. If the unit sat I would be looking for any signs of chewed wires on the harness sometimes rodents can chew on the wires and when that happens it creates some big problems. I would think this is a wiring issue..... Robert