Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

Having a problem with 96 civic not shifting properly. Have

Customer Question

Hi, having a problem with 96 civic not shifting properly. Have to let go of gas for it to shift. Started when car wouldn't shift out of park. We by passed the shift release, put in a rebuilt transmission, and still having same problem
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine if the problem you are having with the shifting is an internal concern or an electronic control issue the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the computer system scanned and see if there any fault code setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you determine the cause.