Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ok i have a 00 chevy s10 automatic ...so a couple of days…

Customer Question
Ok hi i have a...
Ok hi i have a 00 chevy s10 automatic ...so a couple of days ago it stared making a noice in the transition then yesterday i start the truck put it in reverse and nothing put it in drive and it will go but kind of slow but when it has to shift it will just reve like if it was in neutral after 10 minutes of driving it like that it will start shifting but really bad ...it has a little time laps between gears and it will just rev then i let of the gas and it wil get into the next gear any help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Transmissions
2/3/2016
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Can you describe the noise?

Unfortunately you are seeing the result now, damage internally to the clutches and bands that will now require overhauling to address.

We just need to find the cause so that is addressed as well. The most common causes for noise concerns that are related to the symptoms your having are:

Pump gear failure

Broken valve springs in the valve body and binding valves

Broken gear set.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris