Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2004 range rover transfer box in neutral took out the

Customer Question
transfer to check it out...
2004 range rover transfer box in neutral took out the transfer to check it out since a trans fail safe light was on put it back and now the transfer box in neutral is on the truck its on neutral and the shifter its not changing the gear its on Park bu I can move it as if it was on neutral
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Transmissions
I didn't took out the transfer case just the transfer case motor that shifts from hi to low
1/28/2016
Transmission Mechanic: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The transfer case motor most likely has failed and is stuck the transfer case in neutral causing this fault here.I have seen this several times before and had to replace the electronic transfer case motor to correct this issue here.I suspect this is what has occurred here with this transfer case motor needing removed and replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete