Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse 3.0 6 cylinder Transmission in limp…

Customer Question
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse 3.0 6...
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse 3.0 6 cylinder
Transmission in limp mode, I replaced the input and output sensors still no luck. The code reader is saying it is two shift solenoids the second solenoid and the overdrive, but they have the correct resistance 3.7ohms. And all click when supplied 12 v.
Is there any further tests I can perform on the solenoids?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Transmissions
1/23/2016
Transmission Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

If you give me your email address, I can get the instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

What happened?

I don't want to pay additional for the service manual.
I believe I have all the documents I need to trouble shoot just need a little guidance
http://tearstone.com/2000-2002-eclipse-service-manual/ this is the service manual I have downloaded.
so far I have checked resistance and continuity from the pcm to each solenoid at the solenoid molex connector, and all is good. I have also checked for continuity and resistance from the solenoid to the a/t relay to the solenoid molex connector all is good. each solenoid is getting 12 volts with the key on, I checked this at the solenoid. additionally I have replaced the input sensor and ouput sensor. as well as checked the harnesses for the damage, all looked in good condition. I currently have the valve cover off. I have checked resistance on each solenoid and all are within range per the service manual. now that is being tested with the temp outside at 32 degrees they all check at 3.2 to 3.7. and all click when supplied 12v. the codes are pointing to the second solenoid valve, and the overdrive solenoid valve, being the issue but they seem to function properly and resistance is good.

I see, thanks. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure.

Transmission Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

please explain to me what the transmission does,,

does it always stay in 2nd[limp]?

does it ever shift like into nothing[neutral] before it gos to limp?