Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2005 Ford F150's transmission has lost 2nd gear. It will…

Customer Question
My 2005 Ford F150's transmission...
My 2005 Ford F150's transmission has lost 2nd gear. It will go up to about 25 MPH and then it is like the transmission goes to neutral, the engine just revs up when it should shift, nothing is there. I can still drive in the low gears and reverse. This did not throw a code, is that normal? Guess it also means I need to rebuilt the transmission.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Transmissions
1/21/2016
Transmission Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

i would think your assumption is correct..

the problem seems to be the 2-4 band,,it is worn out or the servo seals have blown,

a common thing is the servo bore will wear on this transmission and will need to be re-sleeved.

sorry,but i do not see an easy fix for this one,the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.