Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 1994 silverado with a 5.7L and a newer 4L60E

Customer Question
tranny. I wanted to put...
I have a 1994 silverado with a 5.7L and a newer 4L60E tranny. I wanted to put a re manufactured 357 short block along with SBC Aluminum Heads 210cc Runners in place of the older engine. The truck is spotless with a new paint job. Will these comibine and would you recommend using rollers and also asking for an offset cam suggestion.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Transmissions
1/20/2016
Transmission Mechanic: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I see no one has replied to your question on a modified engine here.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that may have this info may not be online.The best way to find out what will fit best and what is required to make this work and operate smoothly is to contact an auto repair center that specializes in modifications.They can tell you what is best to do in this situation here.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete