Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

Pls I have a toyota corolla 2010 with a P2757 and C1201

Customer Question

Hello, I am Kingsley. Pls I have a toyota corolla 2010 with a P2757 and C1201 codes, what are the best ways to tackle this problems?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The code C1201 means there is a code in the engine control system so the code to address first would be the P2757. This code indicates a problem with the Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Performance (Shift Solenoid Valve SLU). I have enclosed the test steps for this code in the link below, copy and paste the link to your Browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P2757%20Jan%206.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your answer Ron, one thing I forgot to mention is that all the clocks on the instrument cluster turns to the extreme once you turn the ignition to the ON position and I was suspecting may be the ECM has a problem and I am intending to change the ECM. Please what do you think about this? Still on the 2010 Corolla. Thanks in anticipation Ron, hoping to hear from you soon.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

You may have a bad ECM but that codes indicate other wise. I guess you will find out once you have changed it .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What could be the cause for all the clocks in the instrument cluster getting to the extreme before returning back once the ignition is turned ON? I don't want to do a gues work please. I want to be at least 65% sure of what I am doing.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure at this point but because you have fault codes I would address them first starting with the test steps I sent you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please Ron, I am an automobile electrician. Someone brought the car to my workshop, I diagnosed it and gave him apointment but I am yet to see him. He has'nt brought back the car for me to do what you adviced on those codes. Please, I am so sorry for keeping you waiting.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem, Im here when you ready. Post back if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks for your understanding. Please, do you know much about mmt gearbox? I have a problem with one that jumps out of gear like in seconds and once you switch off engine for few seconds and starts the car back, it engages again. This is on a corrola verso 2005.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no fault codes at all. It only show that round red sign on the instrument cluster but once you off the enigine for some seconds and start again, it goes off only to come back when it jumps out of gear again.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately due to site policy new topics have to be addressed in a new post. If you want to open a new post we can work from there on the gear box concern. Be sure to list it in the transmission section.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Thank you as well.