Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

Can anybody tell me how to fix the vibration on nitro

Customer Question
transmission...
Can anybody tell me how to fix the vibration on nitro transmission
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/29/2015
Transmission Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

what is the year.make and model?

what engine do you have?

please explain your problem

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
08 dodge nitro 4 litre engine while driving it vibrates like I'm driving on rumbles all the time

sorry i missed you,,

does it do this in all gears?

does it only do it when in a pull or will i vybrate also while coasting?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i only notice it in high gears and it does not do it when it's pulling hard it does not do it when it's coasting pretty much just when I'm driving speed limit and on cruise control

is your nitro a 2 or 4wd?

try to explain to me exactly what it does,

im trying to get a sense of hat it is dong

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's 4wd and it vibrates on and off when I'm driving and it seems to do it while I'm picking up speed and when I'm on cross at 110 to 120 just when it puts a little torque on it

ok..

sense it only seems to do this is a pull..when under torqe,..

i would think the problem isnt the transmission itself..

i would think the problem is the drive axle ,

either one of the inner cv joints on the front axles or the carrier bearing for the rear drive shaft

the common thing would be the rear U-joint on the drive shaft

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That did not fix the problem

does the engine light stay on?id the engine ,missing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No the engine is good

what did you do,,replace both axles?

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic