Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

I bought a 2007 Rav4 ACA31W-5004231 however it seems that it

Customer Question
Customer: I bought a 2007...
Customer: I bought a 2007 Rav4 ACA31W-5004231 however it seems that it does not carry the regular transaxle assembly for that model .Instead it carries a front differential Case which has sustained damage .however I cannot find the correct part number because it seem to have been modified or made different to the Japanese model for that year. can you assist me with a part number for Case ,front differential.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: while driving up a steep incline with a left curve the vehicle was skidding a bit and apparently when the four wheel drive kicked in with such force causing the front differential case and transfer case to damage. I obtained a replacement transfer case 36100-42140 from Toyota which fits however when I ordered the case front differential I am not getting the right fit (they are too big) because I do not have a part number I can refer to. I previously ordered part #
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: 41301-28100 and 41301-42170 both of which were too big
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Transmissions
The gear box transaxle is K112F
12/29/2015
Transmission Mechanic: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Look on the side and top of the differential case for any part number or code number and if you can locate a number take this number to the dealer and see if they can locate and order in the correct one you need for this here.If this was already attempted with no success let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I did this already but still awaiting a response, but I will send it to you to see if you can assist. # ***** W62, 15.10.15, 2Y143

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Automotive Mechanic