ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

03 gmc envoy shifts fine untill it get wormed up then it

Customer Question

03 gmc envoy shifts fine untill it get wormed up then it shifts harsh at high rpm have to let out of fule peddle to let shift then runs good hard to shift from 55 to 65 but runs fine at 70 + try to go up a mounten and would not go over 30 and rpm would not go over 2.5 feels like motor was going to stall had to let out of the peddle and get back into it parked over night and the next day ran fine bought SUV last year around oct. And car lot replaced trans with used replaced filter did not check Level they over filled it by one quart changed fluiet and pulled out shift stensor and the screens are clean fill back up with new and shifts better but still hard shift or no shif out of overdrive have to let of peddle to let shift one code on obd (fan speed to high ) and when this started I lost my auto wipers and wiper delay and went from driver one sitting to driver two (this olny happed once time for the driver sitting ) it shifts fine most if the time but it does have hard time around 55
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Do you know if they replaced the torque converter when they installed another transmission as this sounds like a faulty torque converter clutch.