Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Have a Porsche Cayman 2011. Getting a transmission error and

Customer Question

Have a Porsche Cayman 2011. Getting a transmission error and at idle the transmission loses drive once in a while. However it only seems to happen when I have the audio plugged in.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this only occurs with an audio component plugged in there is a chance this fault here is caused by an electrical interference with the audio component used not being compatible or possibly damaged causing this here.It may also be a voltage issue with low voltage to the transmission when the audio is used due to a weak battery or alternator or an issue with the battery cable connections being damaged or corroded.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Then from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.This needs done with a scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete