Richard, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic and transmission expert.
10437779

Akthur my 2001 s type jaguar wont go in r and the gearbox

Customer Question

Customer: akthur my 2001 s type jaguar wont go in r and the gearbox fault light came on and went off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it drives good in drive but wont backup
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jaguar Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Is the R lite up on the shifter? Do you feel it engage reverse gear? Any abnormal noises?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need any further assistance. Your question is still open on my end since it has not been rated yet. Let me know if you need anything else.