Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I replaced the transmission cooler lines on my vehicle

Customer Question

I replaced the transmission cooler lines on my vehicle because it had a hole in it and that stopped the leak it had. I filled it up with the appropriate amount of transmission fluid, and when I drive it now it's slow when shifting gears going faster than
45 mph on the high way. In residential going 20-30 mph its fine. It just has delayed responses so I'm not sure if what else could be causing the issues.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

When you say slow, are you implying the rpms rev up during the shift, you have to let off the throttle to get it to shift, the shifts are occurring to late?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type. The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

2) You have already been charged the full question value. Rating, good, bad, or not at all has no bearing on what you've paid.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation. If you can not rate me, please let me know why.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I try to accelerate and it gets to a higher rpm rate at 4-6 on the gauge with 6 being the maximum, before it shifts into another gear. But I'm not really sure what those mean..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it stays at the higher rpm for like 3-4 seconds before it shifts into another gear

Thanks, ***** ***** per minute. That is how fast the engine is spinning. For example normal idle speed is 800. Which means the engines crankshaft spins 800 times a minute. 6 being the maximum, that is redline. Above that and the engine will be spinning so fast it will come apart.

On the trans issue, if you did not have this issue prior. Then it could be just needing to be programmed. Make sure the fluid is clean and to the correct level. Disconnect both battery cables and hold them together for one minute. Then reconnect the cables to the battery 30 minutes later. Start the vehicle. Shift to each gear R-N-D stopping in each gear for 5 seconds. Go into each gear 5 times. Then drive super slow to 30mph then stop slowly. Do that 3 times. Then super slow to 55mph, then stop slowly. Now retest it. If the concerns are still there, then someone that works on transmissions needs to start diagnosing it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alrighty thank you sir ! I'll try that in the morning . Have a happy thanksgiving

Glad I could help, and thanks for rating my response.