Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

2006 lexus gs 300 won't go past third gear 20 mph and

Customer Question
reverse wont work all the...
2006 lexus gs 300 won't go past third gear 20 mph and reverse wont work all the time. it had a vss code both the rpm and the mph was working on the car and my scanner. i replace the vss the code didn't come back on but still the same problem. and thats where im at now the owner had the engine replace with a used one, had the trans service done too. all so i try to do a relearned with the scanner on the transmission side but it won't let me.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Transmissions
11/13/2015
Transmission Mechanic: ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech replied 2 years ago
ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

When you say transmission service done, do you mean fluid replacement, or a repair done as well?

Does your scan tool communicate with the tcm but not complete the relearn procedure, or does it not communicate with the tcm at all?

Please remember that I am not there to inspect it or test it, therefore I rely on you to provide as much detail as possible, thanks

he told me just fluid change
yes I could communicate with TCM all the time even on live date too but won't let me do a relearn

HI,

Ok, when you go to the first step, reset memory procedure in the engine menu, what does your scanner say

i have not hook the scanner yet been busy with work at my shop but the check engine light came on and it's p0500 code a vss I already replace the vss on the transmission the one in the front

HI,

P0500 on this vehicle is for the speed sensor at the rear of the transmission which is the output speed sensor.(see attached)

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

no sorry for the late reply I been busy at my boss shop where I work full time plus the car is in another town and I doing other cars and truck I'll get back to when I do both problems

HI,

Ok, sounds good

I hook the scanner up and try to do the reset memory on the engine side and it said no communication or response from module
I can check codes and it has none and go to live date

HI,

hmmm, not real sure. Let me open this to other experts to get their take on it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did I find anybody who knows about this transmission
ebrock63
ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech