sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

Here! have a dodge dakoato, 4WD keep feeling like its locked

Customer Question

hello andrew here! have a dodge dakoato, 4WD keep feeling like its locked in 4WD and starting putting in gear will cut off any time why?
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the transfer case is shifting into four wheel drive on it's own it's because the front control module is seeing an incorrect transfer case position sensor signal. This could be a wiring issue, the integrated power module or front control module but it's usually caused by a failed position sensor inside the transfer case motor.

The engine is dying when you put it in gear?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is cutting off /unless i put it into 4 lo any thing else cuts it off. i can seat there and switch it back and forth on ahill if it roll some, then i know i have it out.

Have you checked for fault codes in the powertrain control module?