Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 2003 mini with a cvt transmission. the belt was

Customer Question

hi, I have a 2003 mini cooper with a cvt transmission. the belt was broken so i tore it down , replaced the belt, removed all the broken parts, put it back together, put it in the car, and now car will not move, no weird noises, no error codes? I am at a loss.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Lets check the shift linkage and the differential and axle shafts. Seems simple but make sure it will not roll in park but will roll in any other gear. If thats fine then we need to move onto pressure testing to check the forward and reverse clutch pressure since it will not move in D or R. Have you or can you do that?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Chris. Everything is hooked up correctly. I have a feeling it may be the pressure but Im not sure how to check it.

You would need to air test both clutches using air place of the fluid at the removed valve body to check for leaks.

As I mentioned in my original post, I was going to keep checking in with you till you got your moneys worth.

It appears we are not there yet because the post has not been rated yet.

Can you let me know why you have not rated, so I can help more as well learn from this interaction.

If you still need help, PLEASE reply so we can get this concern wrapped up.

Chris