Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

To start out my car is a 2001 pontiac grand am 2.4l

Customer Question

To start out my car is a 2001 pontiac grand am 2.4l automatic. It has 60,000 miles on it. The down fall is that it has sat for ten years. So here recently I cranked the car up had to replace the fuel pump. Changed the oil. Here recent the transmission starting acting funny and then it popped code far the tcc solenoid, so I replaced it and the top shift solenoid, also the transmission filter and new fluid before I drained the fluid I made sure at the transmission cooler line thatit was pumping before charging those parts out. Where I stand now is it all back together and u p on four jack stands wheels off the ground. But I have no reverse or 1st gear. Any ideas
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

did it have reverse before the TCC and shift solenoid was changed ?

how was the transmission acting funny before this work was done ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?