Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Transmission light came on and it seems like the idle has

Customer Question

Transmission light came on and it seems like the idle has also gone down to where it seems like the vehicle is getting ready to stall?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

What is the idle speed in park at operating temp?

What model vehicle is this?

Have you had it scanned for codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 RPM
Yukon 5.3l V8
No

Thanks, ***** ***** transmission light I would need to know some symptoms for the transmission to get close to diagnosing it without knowing the codes. For the idle being to low. Use spray can brake cleaner and a tooth brush to clean the open throttle body. Spray clean the MAF sensor as well. Remove both battery cables and hold them together for 1 minute. Retest over the next 2 days. If the idle issues return then have the PCM reprogrammed.

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)