Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I just changed the clutch out on a 97 ford aspire, went

Customer Question

I just changed the clutch out on a 97 ford aspire, went good. but now only have 2,4 and reverse, none of 1,3,5. Have rechecked linkage and everything several times. Did take out a bolt on the front side of the transaxle thinking it was the fill plug, put it back it and filled thru the speedometer assembly. what can cause no 1,3,5 gears.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Normally the shift linkage adjustment is to blame for this since the transmission was not internally worked on. With the linkage disconnected and the transaxle tested off the ground can you then achieve 1st with the trans manually shifted? Do you needs the shifter alignment steps?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris