Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

OK Moose I have had this problem with y 1995 windstar it

Customer Question

OK Hi Moose I have had this problem with y 1995 windstar it started by not shifting al the time-now wont shift out of first--I did replace the neu. switch and the input sensor but cannot find the output sensor--no electronic dash-trans doess not slip
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no answer yet???
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.

Since there are no codes, this means it is not an electrical issue to blame. I assume you have verified there are no trans warning lights on and no codes stored. That means it is an internal issue with the transaxle associated with the valve body or the intermediate clutch. You mentioned wanting to replace the OSS sensor, I assume the speedometer does not work since your wanting to replace it. It is on the top of the transaxle, above where the passenger axle shaft connects.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Chris The check engine light is on-I do not have a code checker.Some more info--the overdrive light went out and o/d did not work-I did fix the problem which i guess was normal with the 3 wires routed through the shift handle and the o/d light now works.Iam 64 years old and can still work on cars. Now when this happened it started with it not going into high gear INTERMITINLY--then finally will go in low and reverse but wont shift--I did replace the tranny filter and the magnet inside the pan had VERY little shavings NORMAL type on it. The fluid was fine no signs of burnt fluid or smell at all. The resarch I did I found a vehicle with the same problem-so replaced the Neutral safty swith-NG--then the input sensor-NG So I figured I would relace the OSS WELL I am skinny enough to reach up in there but cannot find any wires or feel it anywhere-it is an AXOD I am assuming the speedo is machanical since there are no wires on it that I can see.My thoughts were to repalce the external sensors and then the computer????? I really don't want to get int the other valves/accumulators on the inside of the side pan as I know you have to drop the sub frame to do that. OK Also I am under the assumption that the input and output sensors work in conjuction with each other???? I am adding a photo of what the oss is supposed to look like BUT I cannot find it anywhere.
Chris(Moose) Thank you for your timeDennis
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Chris--Any suggestions or tricks would help .Thankyou
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK Just one other thing--is it possible the new neutral swith is bad--aftermarket!!!! the video shows it was the problem on u-tubeThANKSdENNIS

It would not start in most cases if the TR sensor were bad. Below is an image of the OSS.