Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, Repair Supervisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, L! Advanced Level with over 20 years of experience.
1627031

I have a 2005 Chevy corvette my wife was driving it and it

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chevy corvette my wife was driving it and it start it shifting very hard and now the service traction system is on and the check engine light is on. Can somebody help?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. This can happen for any number of reasons. Most of the time it is caused by a sensor that is not reading correctly. What you need to do first since the check engine light is on is have the computer scanned for codes. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. If you can have this done and bring me the codes it will help me to determine the issue.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, will do

Thank you. I will look for your response.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to get back so late. My car is reading two code p0102 and p0443 can you help?

Thank you for getting those. It sounds like you have codes for two different systems. They may or may not be related. Most of the time this is simply caused by a dirty or failing mass air flow sensor. This is very common. Before any sort of replacement I would remove the mass air flow sensor from the air intake tube and clean it out with mass air flow sensor cleaner. This may take care of it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would that be the problem with the hard driving and the traction system?

If this sensor does not read right then it confuses the computer. When this happens it will affect things like drive ability and shifting. This can also cause the traction control system to act up b

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it anyway that I can check the sensor to see if it good?

If you have an o-scope you can test it. Otherwise I would at the very least clean it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, thanks! Will let you know how it go.

Please do and we can continue from there if necessary.