Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, Repair Supervisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, L! Advanced Level with over 20 years of experience.
1627031

I have a 2006 Mazda 6i 2.3L 4 door. Just a day ago the "AT"

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Mazda 6i 2.3L 4 door. Just a day ago the "AT" light went on and when it shift from 2nd to 3rd it pulls back and when it hits 3rd the car makes a sound as if I was pressing the gas hard but it won't move as fast as it sounds. Today the engine light went on the dashboard and the "AT" light is on as well. What can the problem be? And does it mean I have a transmission problem? How bad is this?. I purchased the car used about 4 months ago. Only used it for less than 300miles
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me how many miles are on the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
151K
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. From what you are explaining it does sound like you have a serious internal failure. You might have an issue with the planetary being cracked or a failure in the clutch pack. I would drain the fluid and see how it looks. If it is dark or smells burnt then the transmission is failing.