Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Dodge RAM 3500 4x4 quad: My 1998 dodge ram 3500 will not shift

Customer Question

My 1998 dodge ram 3500 will not shift out of low gear
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you have not had the fault codes checked in all computers to see what codes are set this needs done.Any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.In some cases this type of fault here can be caused by a faulty valve body in the transmission needing replaced or in some cases just having a simple transmission fluid flush can correct this as well as it will free up and remove debris from the transmission for proper operation.If you can get the codes read out and post the codes here let me know.Thanks Pete