Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

1998 ford f 150 4x4 I have athat will not shift out of 4

Customer Question

1998 ford f 150 4x4 I have a*****that will not shift out of 4 wheel low we tried a new motor but all say it is a 7 pin and I have an 8 pin . Could there be a relay switch somewhere that is not working
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.

Can you manually shift it out with the shift motor off?

Did you do any diag on the switch, GEM module and shift relays?

Do you need the diag steps?

Ford shows the part to have an 8 wire connector.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris