Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 2001 Honda accord 4 door, 4 cylinder. They just ran

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Honda accord 4 door, 4 cylinder. They just ran the computer and it cam back with PO420. What kind of Catalydic converter is that? also came back with code P1739, what is that? The code read Bank 1 catalydic converter, please tell me that is the cheap one and is it bolted on or welded? As for the P1739 it came up as Manufacture control transmission, does that mean I need a new transmission? Haven't had not one problem from my transmission what-so-ever.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  tsmodie replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** 420 code is going to be a bad cat converter, and will need to be replaced, the P1739 is a pressure switch problem in the transmission, and does not neccesarilly mean the transmission is bad, the cat converter is bolted on, do you have the california emmissions or the federal emmissions?