Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

My 2006 envoy is stuck in 4 x 4. What is the cause and what

Customer Question

My 2006 envoy is stuck in 4 x 4. What is the cause and what is the solution.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Usually this type of fault here is caused by a fault with the transfer case actuator on the side of the transfer case itself.It can lock the transfer case in 4wd when it fails causing this here.I would start with having the fault codes checked to see what codes are set and from there then diagnosed to further locate the fault.If there are no codes set in the transfer case computer this can be a mechanical fault in the transfer case itself as I have seen this fail before in the past needing removed and repaired or replaced.
Thanks Pete