Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Subaru Outback premium: My Subaru Outback 2013 hesitates when

Customer Question

My Subaru Outback 2013 hesitates when I accelerate from a stop sign. Very dangerous. Not sure if subaru knows how to fix the problem.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Does this seem like a engine or transmission issue?Is the vehicle behind on any services needing to be done?Has anyone cleaned the air fuel sensor and throttle body, those are some of the most common reasons for delayed acceleration. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Subaru dealer I went to said they have never heard of the problem. When I googled it it came up at least 9 times under carcomplaints.com. No one was happy with subaru's response. The problem is intermittent and happens most often in early morning or when car has been sitting. You go up to a stop sign or light or try to slowly turn a corner and the acceleration doesn't happen for 3-6 seconds. Then somehow it kicks in. Continues to happen at next stop and then maybe improves. The dealership I went to was kind enough to take my car home and drive it the next morning since we couldn't get it to duplicate and thank goodness the service rep was able to have it happen for him. Then the next day the service tech drove it in am and he duplicated the problem. Subaru is sending out some type of valve part saying it may fix the problem. It should be here in the next few days. I'm skeptical for some reason. If you go to carcomplaints you will see others complaints. It is very dangerous. Thanks for your thoughts on the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All the services have been done. The last service was just a few weeks ago where they changed the oil and rotated the tires and right after I picked up the car the problem started. They said nothing they did could have caused this problem and it had to be just coincidental.
Do you want to hold off and wait till the new part is installed or give the things I recommended a shot?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm going to wait to see if what they have in mind works and if it doesn't ill tell them your suggestion. Thanks so much. have you seen this problem a lot?
I would not say alot but yes I have seen and diagnosed and addressed this before.