Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Murano: 09 murano, no clutch operation...evac & recarge to

Customer Question

09 murano, no clutch operation...evac & recarge to 1.32 lbs no signal to clutch (has ground) clutch will not engage when energized either (unplugged from harness). Seem to have 2 issues. Cust stated they saw "smoke" for a second while driving before ac went out. Any thoughts
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! The smoke the customer saw, was most likely not smoke. It was freon. There is most likely a leak in the AC system. Did you do a vacuum test to see if the system can hold vacuum?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes system did pass...also ran sniffer around system with no outcome.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
These systems come with dye in them. Did you check all the lines and condenser for traces of dye?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes can not see trace at this time...my main concern is power supply issue
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
The IPDM supplies the power as long as the AC pressure sensors tells it that there is enough pressure to operate. The system takes 1.22 pounds of freon. So you may have over charged it a little. When you are looking for traces of dye, you are looking with yellow glasses and black light correct? That is how you would see the dye..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes uv and glasses. What is the easiest way to test IPDM?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will evac some freon to recheck
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
When you tell me that the customer saw smoke.. and you had to charge the system. That tells me there is a leak in the system. If you recover the freon from the system, see how much you actually pull out. Also, when you do the vacuum test, the system holds negative vacuum pressure for 5 mins?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sticker under hood does say 1.32lbs. I agree with smoke. When evac was done pulled .60lbs out. System did hold vac for 10 min
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
It's actually 1.21, Plus or minus .11 Which you never want to be at the max level or lowest level. You want it in the middle which is the 1.21
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
if you pulled .60 lbs out, there has to be a leak somewhere. I am thinking maybe compressor. Since it's not operating and it's not circulating the freon. Did you check to see if the compressor was getting power when commanded?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No power to compessor at all but does have ground. When comp disconnected put poer and ground still no clutch operation. Back to other question....what is easiest way to test IPDM?
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Using a scanner to monitor the internal AC Compressor relay.