Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Dakota: I have a 2011 Dodge Dakota. It is a V6 with a 4sp.

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Dodge Dakota. It is a V6 with a 4sp. transmission. I have three problems that the dealer doesn,t think are a problem and their tests show OK
1.Every day, the first time I drive it,the first shift is very rough, and for the most thereafter,OK
2. On a normal take off, not hard, the final shift isn't until 55-60
3.At highway speeds, when you leave off the gas for a turn or stop, when the speed reaches about 35mph, there is a heavy down pull,like an anchor was thrown out. You really don't need to brake. The last two are always.
The fuel economy is pretty poor, and I tend to think these problems are part of it
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  tsmodie replied 2 years ago.
Hi , my name is ***** ***** soumds like a bad throttle position sensor, if it is reading wrong, it will hold the shifts loger, cause the heavy decell at 35 mph, and can cause poor fuel economy, were there any codes stored in the computer?