Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 1996 Ford e350 van OK! Here's the question, when I

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Ford e350 van OK! Here's the question, when I jack the van up, off the ground all the gears work fine , but when I lower it on the ground, it only works in reverse and park! When I put it into drive it doesn't move it just drifts! I changed
the filter and fluid, with mercon v castrol trans fluid. This also happened before I changed the filter and fluid and after as well.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I dropped the pan there was black stuff around the magnet and some in the van!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also noticed with the mlps when I have it in park the lever is over the d spot!
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
The reason it will not move the vehicle and all its weight is because the forward clutch has failed, it is slipping bad. in the air there is no load on the driveline, so the barely grabbing forward clutch can then move it. An overhaul is in order with these results. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris