GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 plus years experience as GM technician, ASE Master Technician and GM Certified.
70078276

GM Buick: GM 200 R4 Transmission Pump filter/screen locati

Customer Question

GM 200 R4 Transmission Pump filter/screen location
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.
Hello, may I ask the model of the vehicle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1983 Buick Park Ave

Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, computer slowed down, did a reset :( back to you shortly on this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Part is a 1" tube shaped plastic housing screen/filter which fell out when I removed the pump from housing and may actually go somewhere in the valve body?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.
ok, this is new information, can you tell me exactly what you did, where and why? did you drop the pan? this fell out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Transmission is removed from the vehicle. I am rebuilding it. This part fell out when I removed the pump from the Transmission. It may or may not go back in the pump?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.
the pump is at the front of trans when you remove the big round disc behind the converter. As you know. All you are talking about leads me to the main scree under the pan, so, I am a bit confused, can you take a pic and upload to this post?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My camera batteries are low, must recharge them. The part is about an inch long, has a plastic base, round, with tube shaped screen along most of its length, about 1/8" in diameter

Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.
I do not have the explode diagram I wanted to send, I will opt out and open the post back up
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

GM 200 R4 Transmission Pump filter/screen location.

The part is about an inch long, has a plastic base, round, with tube shaped screen along most of its length, about 1/8" in diameter.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Expert did not know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Re: I do not have the explode diagram I wanted to send, I will opt out and open the post back up.

Please verify that you have opted out and opened the post back up...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Unable to provide the information required.
Expert:  GM Bob replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name BobIf you give me until I get to work tomorrow. I will look it up.Let me know if that's okThank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes,

ThankYou

Expert:  GM Bob replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Bob,

I'm calling the rebuild kit Manufacturer to find out if they know where this part goes.

AL