Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

Civic si: my clutch pedal is not able to disengage. it stays

Customer Question
my clutch pedal is not able...
my clutch pedal
is not able to disengage. it stays on a higher gear like 3rd or 4th not sure which one but when i start it i let of the clutch it will stall and motor dies. i already checked the master and slave cylinders for leaks, nothing is blocking the lines, clutch pedal still very strong, not sagging or anything like that and appear to be functioning normally. i bleed the clutch line. Everything on the outside seems to be working normally.
I had a shop install a excedy stage 1 clutch+flywheel+pressure plate.
Do you think it is the pressure plate? Clutch spring pop out? throw out bearing? or snycrhos?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Transmissions
7/10/2015
Transmission Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youwhat is the year,make,model and engine side of your car/truck?
2007 honda civic si 4de 2.0 liter k20
can you shift to different gears bif the engine is off?
does the shifter move?or is it like it is stuck?
as far as i know the shifter is clicking and moving as if there is not trouble into all positions fine, it is not stuck. clutch is also functioning normally when engine off. the mechanics and pressure from the driver seat seem perfectly fine. you wouldnt know something wrong until after you start it.
originally when car broke down it was stuck in 3rd gear . tow truck came and rocked the car back in fourth and it popped out. now it will not disengaged at all
the clutch doesnt do its job i mean and release. so i cant go to neutral, it is stuck in gear but the stick is free to move
so,,it doesnt matter where the sfyer is,,it is like neutral?
i see..
so,,if you let out on the clutch,,it is as if it is a higher gear?and binds?
doesnt matter where the shifter is. it can go into all gears apparently from the driver seat. but it is in gear when you turn on the car. the clutch actually works and can go netrual that way but once you release the clutch pedal and even if the stick is in neutral. the car is in gear and it will stall like it is exactly in gear without gassing
ok..from the way you explain,,you have one of two possible problems
1-you need to check the shifter cables to make sure they arent broken..
so the movement of the stick is normal like there is no problems. you cant feel difference in the stick if you hold the clutch wether the car is on or off
2- you have an internalproblem with the transmission,,perhaps a broken shift fork
check the shift cable...but,i would think you have an internal transmission problem and the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced
from the way you explain,,it isnt the clutch,pressure plate or the release bearing
the clutch seems to be working fine
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.
anytihng else possibly beside shift fork?
i have to locate the shift fork and exam it basically and if it wasnt would u have a 2nd lead to look at? no other choice but to crack the transmission open?
well,,it could be just about anything inside the transmission,,the shift rails a slider,,the fork is likley
you do need to check the cable first
i was going to buy new stainless steel braided hydralic line and new slave and master my millage is 100k so might as well. also heard changing these will fix the problem with the car grinding when high rpm shifting
if the cable is good,i dont see any other choice ,from the way you explain
i dont think this problem has anything to do with the hydrolics
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic