Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Mazda 6: 2004 Mazda 6 lights come on dash no atart/ no crank

Customer Question

2004 Mazda 6 lights come on dash no atart/ no crank theft light flashing when hooked up to a snap on scanner shows no communivcation with engine/ trans/ABS It is a manual transmission that had a clutch master cylinder put in three days prior
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Are you getting any U communication codes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No communication with engine trans or abs, though it does recognize airbag and other body panels.
We need to disconnect every module on the communication circuit, except the PCM and retest it to see if communication with the PCM returns. This will help us find the possible module that is killing the communication circuit. Also is the check engine light on, when the key is on, this is a sign that the PCM is powering up. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It will be hours before I can get to the vehicle
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just checked to see if check engine light came on dash with key in on position. It does but there was about a two second delay from the other dash lights to when check engine light illuminated
Thanks for the update, any luck on the other tests?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I work two jobs so haven't had time to do as requested. If Pcm is powering up, what is next logical step
No problem on the job and no time. Since the PCM is powering up, you just need to find out which module is killing the communication circuit thats causing the PCM not to be able to start the vehicle. We need to disconnect the other modules to see if that allows scan tool communication with the PCM.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I will try that in about 12 hours. That's next time I'll have time. Currently 12:12 in Wi.
Super