Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi TT: I have a 2002 audi tt base fwd with 5speed manual.

Customer Question
I have a 2002 audi...
I have a 2002 audi tt base fwd with 5speed manual. I just got the clutch replaced (clutch pressure plate, bearing, and fly wheel). I car has no issues in gears 2-5. Its stiff getting into first but no slipping once you get it in. Reverse however is hard to get in and clunks when you release the clutch. This happens if i put it in reverse with the car running or off. I am thinking its a master cyl but I am not 100%. Again, no slippage at all when driving, or in reverse. The issue with first is only about 50% but reverse is all of the time. I feel like the clutch is engaging way to low to the floor but i just got this car so I am not sure what the peddle should feel like.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Transmissions
7/9/2015
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
I just took it to a mechanic. I really needed feedback more quickly
Glad you got it addressed. If you do find that you still need help on this concern or another please do not hesitate to ask me.