Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience
29331485

Coming up a mountain,it is like the transmission shifts and

Customer Question

coming up a mountain,it is like the transmission shifts and it flies out of gear. is this a sensor or what. i can get it off the road and restart the engine and it will go
Submitted: 2 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Which engine do you have fitted .
Is there any malfunctions lights "ON" like the check engine light .
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My husband Harold is at the back of the farm and I am making his reply . This little truck is a 6 cylinder with overdrive. He said the i think he said the overdrive light would flicker when this started. He said that it checks overfull with transmisson fluid'
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Okay if the O/D light is on or flashing then you have a malfunctioning transmission, could be anything so you have to get the car hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for transmission malfunction codes .
This you can have check for free at AAMCO they will let you know what has malfunctioned .
When checking the transmission fluid engine must be at operating temp and engine running, with the transmission in PARK.
Fluid should be a nice clear light red to light brown if dark brown to black then this is an indication of a internally damaged transmission .
If fluid is low top off and test drive ..
Should you need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.