Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

Chrysler: a604 transmission when i put it into reverse it slams

Customer Question
a604 transmission when i put...
a604 transmission when i put it into reverse it slams in and sometimes going from drive to reverse to. if i hold the break pedal as hard as i can i can stop this slaming into gear but not everytime
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Transmissions
i have changed the filter and fluid. input speed sensor and cleaned the output speed sensor. The van also seems to roll back after being put in park farther then it should.
I was wondering if the brake pedal or air in the brake lines could be related to this. the transmission seems to shift fine while driving
Its 2000 grand caravan . Was also wondering if Their is a sensor for the torque convertor that can go faulty. or some kind of brake switch.
It seems to be related to the roll back issue. Been playing on the drive way. Is their something in the differencial like a pin that can where down . Can it be replaced without taking out the tranmission.
Today on the highway i felt a small studder on the downshift from 4th to thjrd.
7/2/2015
Transmission Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One very common cause for the type of shift concern you are having can be caused by a failing Transmission Solenoid Pack which controls the shift point. That being said in most cases the computer will usually set and store a fault code and or codes. Before you do anything else the next step would be to have the computer system scanned and see if the PCM and or the TCM are setting any fault codes. Get this done and post back with the results and we can work from there.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician