Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2012 standard acura tl. About six months ago I noticed that sometimes…

Customer Question
2012 standard acura tl. About...
2012 standard acura tl. About six months ago I noticed that sometimes when trying to reverse out of a parking spot the car does not want to move when I press the gas petal. There is no strange noise and the actual gear shift does not seem hard to move from park to reverse. I have started to notice it more. It only happens when trying to reverse out of a parking spot or out of a driveway and this is usually once the car has been turned off and turned back on. For example, on a simple trip to the grocery store it starts and drives perfectly. Once I come out of the store and attempt to reverse out of my parking spot, it seems to not want to move so I press on the gas ( and it finally catches. It does not do this each time but it does happen quite a bit now. I have taken to the dealer and they took it for a test drive and did not find any problem. I asked if there was transmission fluid and they said yes. It has a little under 40k miles. Could this be a transmission problem already?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Transmissions
7/2/2015
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris

Yes. I still need help since I have not yet received an answer to my question.

It is a transmission problem. If it does not occur in drive then its not the converter or drain back valve. If the fluid level is correct then its not aerated fluid. That leaves a concern with the valve body or the reverse clutch pressure. Internal repairs will be needed. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris