Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Volkswagen golf wagon tdi se: 2015 vw golf wagon tdi se manual

Customer Question

2015 vw golf wagon tdi se manual transmission keyless entry
how do you diaable steereins column lock for 4 wheel down towing?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
You might check and see if a dealer can program the lock to be disabled as this lock should be controlled electronically.In some cases the lock can be disconnected to disable it but in most cases this will cause the lock to engage all of the time.Some models the front wheels have to be off of the ground in order to tow when it has an electronic lock like this here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dealer not helpful at all. That's why I called you. There must be a fuse to pull or some other disconnect?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately I do not have the info you need on the fuses and circuits on this model here.
I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete