How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Matt Your Own Question
Matt, Engineer
Category: Transmissions
Satisfied Customers: 21607
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1
Type Your Transmissions Question Here...
Matt is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Audi A4: my car broke the hose from the automatic transmission

Customer Question

my car broke the hose from the automatic transmission cooler lines. how do I add oil again to it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the hose that broke is the one that connect to the radiator. I got the warning light "transmission malfunction: you can continue driving"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
to add more oil you use a small hand pump into the fill plug ( the dealer has a special too l for this)
but its well detailed here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That does not apply to my car. I have the audi 2010 a4 8 speed automatic transmission. I need to know where the fill hole is.
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Sorry about that this video should help
as its shows the fill hole just on the front LHS side just above the plastic oil pan gasket line
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still not the same. Audi A4 2010 1.8T 8 speed automatic transmission.
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
having dug a little deeper the drain plug on the underside is also the fill point
if you look at this image
it shows that there's a stand pipe above the drain plug hole so you use a pump with a long pipe to poke through the hole and fill the pan back up to the level of the stand pipe until it overflows
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will take a picture from my cars transmission. None of the pictures provided looks like mine. It has a T55 bold at the bottom which looks like the draain plug.
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
that sounds right
the drain and fill plug is the same T55 / allen key screw cap