Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4: Trying to figure out if it's possible

Customer Question

Trying to figure out if it's possible to replace my 243c 97 chevy tranfer case with 1piece 4l60e tranny thst came stock in my tahoe and replace it with 4l60e tranny and 246cm tranfer case .both have 4 connection s but some don't quite match.is this doable with a few minor modifications.its my understanding that my old one is early 97 and my new is late 97 or actually 98 ? Please help.ive determined that I do need to change the existing front drive line to the one that came with the newer transmission.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This may be possible but I haven't tried it or heard of anyone doing this myself.The input housing may need changed as well as the computer and wiring harness in order for it to operate properly.I don't have any exact specifics on what needs done here but usually components like these will need swapped out.
If this did not help with what you are looking for here let me know.
Thanks Pete