Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Passport: my honda passport cant shift back to park.

Customer Question
hello my honda passport cant...
hello my honda passport cant shift back to park. currently stuck on nutral .. it had problem before i used to have to shake it back and forth for it to shift out of park. now stuck on nutral. but it says park . the dash show is on nutral
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Transmissions
6/9/2015
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Open the file below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/01passport.pdf
Can you access the shifter assembly to electrically check the shift lock. It should be getting power when the brake pedal is pressed if the park detect switch is grounding. I believe your going to find the shift lock stuck.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Ok can you give me detail instruction on how to do this thanks
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/01passportshifter.pdf
These are the directions to get the steering column apart to get to the shifter.