Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Hyundai Sonata: Stuck in neutral won't shift.poppped shift

Customer Question

Stuck in neutral won't shift.poppped shift lock release shifter moves but won't engage
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
The shift lock only effects into and out of park. Can you pop of the shift linkage and see if the transaxle will shift to each gear manually. If so then its a damaged shifter to blame.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris