Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

TSX: Was driving my 2005 TSX on the freeway tonight and the…

Customer Question
Was driving my 2005 TSX...
Was driving my 2005 TSX on the freeway tonight and the transmission made a clunk, and the car started jerking and the check transmission light, vsa light, and exclamation light came on. Is my transmission toast? I have never had any problems with it
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Transmissions
My car had been surging slightly while on the freeway for the past year or so, but when I applied the cruise control the problem would go away, which led me to believe it was not the transmission. I had taken it into two mechanics and both of them could not diagnose the problem. After doing some research, it sounded like the APP Sensor needed to be changed. I spoke to an Acura mechanic at the dealership and she said it sounded like the APP sensor too. I am still not sure if this is the problem, but if the sensor has gone bad it should throw the check engine light not the check transmission light right?
6/5/2015
Transmission Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Any time any of the lights come on this means the computer system is seeing a fault and this will set a code and or codes. It is possible you have bad sensor and or even a failing transmission but in order to know, the first thing you need to do is to have the computer system scanned and see what the fault code and or codes are that are setting. If you can get this done and post back with codes we can work from there to determine the cause.