Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

C230: , I have a 1997 Mercedes and last week driving about…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a 1997...
Hi, I have a 1997 Mercedes and last week driving about 50 the car started to gear down for no reason. I hit the cruise control and it went back to normal now it is happing every day.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Transmissions
6/5/2015
Transmission Mechanic: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the engine started to slow down as a result this may be due to an electrical fault with the electronic accelerator pedal sensor itself.I have seen this sensor act up/fail before and can send the incorrect signals for throttle apply and cause a gear down issue like this here.
If you have not had the fault codes checked yet to see what codes are set this needs done.Any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.
Thanks Pete