Eric Gardner
Eric Gardner, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Automotive Technician with a Bachelors Degree in Automotive Technology
78075103

Transmissions Infiniti G35 X: 2008 Infiniti G35X sedan - Was

Customer Question

2008 Infiniti G35X sedan - Was in accident Feb 9th - hit rear passenger door and 1\4 panel - engine light went on after I giot it back 1 day driving it - Ran Code Scout scanner and received P1757 Fr Brake Solenoid - Tranny repair - replaced valve body in the Jatco RE5R05A and dealer Reflashed ECM and TCM - The tranny now has a high pitched whinning in 3rd & 4 and drops into neutral. Car has been in the shop since February 9th... No codes are coming up when the dealer scans it on their Consult 3 system.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When the initial repair occured for the valve body - the transmission place soldered the connection on the board (I found this a common issue on these transmission based on Internet & Youtube videos). I received the car back and drove it for a day with NO issues. Returned it to the Transmission place due to me receiving a supplemental from the insurance company to pay for the valve body -- I wanted to have a new valve body put in and wasn't sure the insurance would pay for it -- they did-- New is better than repaired... Or so i thought... The dealer relashed everything and told me there is an issue with 3rd and 4th -- whinning noise and once car shift through gears - and gets to 3rd- it drops into neautral -- (Gear hunting?) Also all TSB and updates were done.. per the dealer. They are saying no codes are being kicked out to thier Consult 3 scan... I am lost --- I haven't had this car for almost 4 months... I'm going back to BMW's! This was the first Infiniti and will be the last...
Thank you,
Expert:  Eric Gardner replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike and thanks for using just answer.
It sounds weird but the P1757 code that the ECM is throwing is tied to the TCM. If the Brake Solenoid Valve of the associated wiring is chaffed, frayed, open or cut, the car will have transmission shifting issues.
Has the shop checked the following parts associated with the P1757 code.
1 Front Brake Solenoid Valve
2 Front Brake Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
3 Front Brake Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
I suspect that this is where the fault lies.
Let me know what you find, I am very interested in the outcome.