Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo C70 T5: . I have a 2009 Volvo C70 T5. After backing…

Customer Question
Hello. I have a...
Hello. I have a 2009 Volvo C70 T5. After backing out of my drive I went to put the car in drive and it got stuck in neutral. It won't shift at all now. Any advise? Thanks.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Transmissions
5/28/2015
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
The shift lock is designed to prevent getting out of park unless the key is on and the brake is pressed. It can fail and cause getting out of park or getting into park situations, but not issues associated with neutral. This is normally the shifter assembly to blame. Do you know how to remove a shifter assembly?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris